Repairing Our Divided Nation
How to Fix America's Broken Government, Racial Inequity, and Troubled Schools
Watch the trailer
David Ellison wrote Repairing Our Divided Nation because he, like so many others, is frustrated with the division he sees in our nation, particularly when it comes to race and politics. In his desire to help create a better world for all – no matter one’s color or political persuasion – Ellison studied the works of some of the world’s most respected scholars and summaries of notable Supreme Court cases that continue to negatively impact society today.
With malice toward none, Repairing Our Divided Nation offers:
• History lessons that should be required reading for all Americans.
• A demand that Congress stop abdicating its responsibilities.
• A plan for running our elections so the best people are sent to Washington to serve We the People.
• A proposal for improving our schools’ curricula and administration.
• A call for guaranteeing that all Americans, no matter their color, wealth, or zip code, have a real chance at becoming economically self-reliant and living a life with dignity.
Thi book concludes with four of the most important documents in America’s history: the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Amendments to the Constitution, and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “Letter from a Birmingham Jail.” Ellison believes that if every American did a deep dive into understanding each document’s message, we would have the more perfect Union our Founders envisioned.
About the author
David A. Ellison is an avid reader of books about history, politics, the division within our country, and the Constitution. His first book, Politics Beyond Left and Right: A Guide for Creating a More Unified Nation, was published in 2017. He received his B.S. from Bryant University, and is a Certified Financial Planner but no longer practices. David previously worked as the editor and publisher of The Financial Corner, a monthly financial newsletter. He currently lives in Milford, Connecticut, and is a partner with his wife, Stephanie, in the Ellison Homes Team, a real estate brokerage firm. Learn more about David and his new book, Repairing Our Divided Nation, at www.RepairingOurDividedNation.com.